[APD] Moss in Filter

I have a strange question for you guys,  I was cleaning some plants out of
my 90 gallon tank last night and noticed the overflow was making more noise
than normal.  When I moved the lid and light fixture to clean it of any
extra gunk or plant detritus that might have accumulated I found a healthy
patch of moss.  This stuff looks just like the stuff you find on the north
side of big oak trees in the forest (at least in the Midwest).  Is this
stuff bad for my tank or fish?  It looks like it has attached itself to the
return tube in the overflow area. I don't think it will hurt anything but is
it good for anything either?

Thanks

Matt W.