Re: [APD] Low traffic

> Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 11:37:17 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Richard J. Sexton" <richard at aquaria_net>
> Subject: Re: [APD] Low traffic
> To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>

>> >I had a ball, and didn't leave until the auction was over at about 3:30
>> >PM. Bad choice!
>>

> So what'd ya get? What was cool there in the auction? What made you
> raise an eyebrow? Any rare crypts there?
I was looking for fairly common stuff, bunch plants, Val, etc.,  just to
rebuild my stock. Got gobs of them.

I wasn't really looking for crypts, so dunno if any were rare.

KL sent a bunch of rare mosses from Singapore. I also got some in from
him, too late, so there are a few more to be sold through TAG, probably.
Tropica provided a lot of starts/genetic-samples that I mostly felt I
could not afford.

I got a huge wad of Riccia for a ludicrously low price. Bought hairnets,
but need to find small round rocks to tie it to.

I wanted downoi, but didn't see any. Will have to get it when I go to
Singapore, next week, I guess.

My best bargains were in hardware. That was what I thought was really
cool. The vendor support was unusually strong and lots of fine hardware
was auctioned.[Thanks Mrs. Olson. Our past-pres.'s lovely bride arranged
it all on very short notice. Much appreciated.]

I got a much-needed 50 ft. Python, a Tom Barr tank with bent-glass
corners, aquasoil & lots of accessories, a Tetra Deep-Water pump and a
jillion thermometers of various types. I also got a lifetime supply of
various T-8 tubes. I got several nice pieces of Mopani wood, too. Still
sorting and putting away, a week later!

Wright

--
Wright Huntley - Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514 - whuntley at verizon_net  760 937-2276 (cell) .

"You can hear a lot by listening"
- Yogi Berra

http://www.self-gov.org/wspq.html