From: Jerry Smith <jerrytheplater at hotmail_com>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 3:33:30 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] Interesting idea

Scott:

I searched for a reference to Paul Sears values you listed below. I found a
chart in Lange's Handbook of Chemistry, 14th Ed. 1992. McGraw-Hill. Table
8.9 "Selected Equilibrium Constants in Aqueous Solutions at Various
Temperatures". I will put the Table Values next to the ones Paul Sears used.
It looks like he rounded them off to two places. It also appears there is a
mistake at 15 C. I don't know who is wrong.

By the way, what color is the water in a white bucket on a cloudy day?

Jerry Smith, Bloomingdale, NJ

>Basically, the pka varies by temp according to:

Sears Values:          Lange's Values: