Re: [APD] How to get rid of Alage on glass walls

I don't know why it works either, but it does work.  As I said, I
have used the method and it worked, as long as I didn't rub or scrape
the algae off into the water.  The first time I tried it on my 29
gallon tank, I had lots of common pond snails in the tank.  They ate
the stuff as fast as they could, growing bigger than I have ever seen
them.  But, that didn't stop the life cycle from completing.  This
last time I have three yoyo loaches, so no snails to snack on it. It
remains to be seen if it comes back this time.

I also found that the stuff began to cover all of the plants in the
tank, as well as the glass.  Everything was covered in green fuzz.
When the life cycle was finished the stuff vanished on the plants,
probably by the snails and the guppies eating it.  It is certainly a
weird algae.

Vaughn H.