Re: [APD] Kudzu Like Aquarium Plant

John sent me a sample of the plant in question and I was able to get some
digital pictures of it at 25 power. I am waiting for my son to unload them
from to camera into a folder for me so I can send them to John. He can post
them on his page if anyone wants to see them.

As far as I can tell it is Utricularia gibba. It is native to the Eastern
United States, where John is located. The bladders have tentacles on either
side of the opening. They almost look like deer antlers. I couldn't see any
trap door on any of them. I don't know how they trap and would like to find
out.

Jerry Smith in Bloomingdale, NJ

Message: 2