Re: [APD] Filters

Well there's the points between necessary and desirable.  While my only necessity for one is because I use CO2 injection (into my canister), I like to have one as.

- I like plant movements, wafting in the current.

- Some fish like a little movement.

- My outlet is a long spraybar (a bit under the water line) along the length so that the water flow goes from the back along the surface, to front, and then curls down the front side to the bottom, and then along the bottom to the back.  Does a great job of gently moving any debris to the back of the tank into the plant mass where it turns into fertilizer (or is sucked up by the filter).  So keeps the front clean where I have bare gravel or short plants.

Cheers,
Pete.