Re: [APD] Filters

I believe Holly Wagner wrote this email section below:

> Thanks in advance for any input or ideas.

You don't need a filter if you've got enough plants to absorb the fish load.

You'll need a powerhead to move the water about though.

I've got a Walstad type planted tank and I find it works well with no filter
in it.

But I've found there is a lot of sediment floating around in the water so I
added a mechanical filter to the powerhead to remove these particles and
that's cleaned up the water just fine.

Of course this will act as a weak biological filter in any case. I clean it
out once every few weeks.

I felt weird not having a biological filter in the tank at first.
:-))

--
Stuart Halliday