[APD] Standpipe Advice (Stockman or Durso)

The Durso standpipe instructions were very clear that if using a 1"
drain, that 1-1/4" pipe needs to be used. Let it be known that this is
also the case with the Stockman variation. I tried it with a 1" pipe and
couldn't stop the gurgling. It was easy enough to control the
"flushing", but the gurgling was being caused by the physics of the
water flowing over the pipe edge. With the 1" pipe the water was flowing
over in such a way that there was no free column in the center for air.
That caused the gurgling. I constructed another one out of 1-1/2" pipe
and it works great.

This leads me to another thing: If you don't have a table saw handy, I
found it much easier to just drill as many holes as you can into the
area between the "fins" on the reducer bushings rather than cutting it
apart to allow water flow.

Thanks to everyone who assisted (Scott).

--
Jerry Baker