[APD] AGA Convention - Hotel Reservation Deadline looming...

A message for some of the convention last-minute-registration straggler
types (you know who you are!)...

The Sheraton website where you register for the hotel room notes that the
rate is only guaranteed through September 9th. That means if you try to
book your room after that date, you won't get the room at $99 per night,
and the AGA won't get credit for you staying there (this turns out to be
important with a small convention like ours).

So if you've put it off until now, please go and register today. At least
go get your hotel room taken care of. :)

If this is the first e-mail you've gotten about our convention, it's
November 10-12, 2006 in San Francisco. We've got a great line-up of seven
speakers, including Dr. Ole Pedersen speaking on submersed culture, Troels
Andersen of Tropica presenting aquascapes in nature all over the world
from Greenland to Australia, Dr. George Batten of Seachem (we don't know
what he's talking on yet, but we're sure it involves water chemistry),
Eric Do covering freshwater invertebrates, Ricky Cain (with Luis Navarro)
giving an aquascaping workshop, and AGA's own Dorothy Reimer demonstrating
her gardening methods that she's been using before many of us were born.

We've also got a field trip on Friday to the Monterey Bay Aquarium that's
almost sold out but has a few spots left. There's a banquet on Saturday
that, in addition to our awards ceremony, will pit three people against
each other in the first-ever Iron Aquascaper challenge. Finally, on
Sunday we've got an all-day aquatic plant auction. Anyone may show up to
buy stuff at the auction. But if you're a convention attendee, you may
also bring plants and plant-related items to sell.

Hope to see you there!  Please get the word out by passing on this message
to other lists and forums.

Thanks,

- Erik
AGA prez &c.