[APD] Replacing Evaporate

> Message: 3
>Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:45:04 -0700
>From: Vaughn Hopkins <hoppycalif at yahoo_com>
>Subject: Re: [APD] Need of Water Changes
>To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>>>
>
>Hi Santiago,
>You have a successful aquarium that does what you want it to, and no
>problems.  So, I don't see why you should do anything at all
>differently.  Since you don't dose CO2 or fertilizers there is no
>good reason to make water changes.  The plants will use up the
>nitrates and phosphates from the fish droppings, and keep the water
>pretty clean.  The only problem I see you might have later is from
>adding water to make up evaporation.  That will slowly increase the
>hardness or total dissolved solids in the water.  If that is a
>problem you could do water changes every few months.
>
>Vaughn H.

Or just add distilled water to replace the evaporated water, that's what I do in my tanks. I have a Water Wise distiller, it sits on the counter top and makes a gallon of distilled water in about 6 hours or so and then shuts off automagically. I put it on before I go to bed at night and in the morning have a gallon of distilled water waiting for me.

Gerry Skau
He Has No Enemies, But Is Intensely Disliked By His Friends---Oscar Wilde