[APD] Weird rusty-looking necrosis on C. calamistratum

Okay, so I got this C. calamistratum bulb about a week
or so ago, and it's got this weird rusty-looking crud
on the leaves and bulb. It doesn't feel slimy, but the
leaves with it on it are dying. It ain't doing too
hot, but I thought that was on account of it's in a
tank with less-than-ideal lighting on it (I'm about to
upgrade). I went back to the place where I bought it
and some other plants (vals, I think) had some on it,
too. What the heck is it? Should I get vaccinated? Is
the Crinium doomed? I appreciate any info on the
matter.

Thanks,
Erin