[APD] A Substrate Revolution

For years I have been posting about the money that people waste on
"boutique" substrates, such as Flourite, Eco-Complete, Leonardite, Profile,
Power Sand, and numerous others.  My main problem was not that they
shouldn't spend their money on them if they so wanted, but that the
so-called benefits claimed had no real scientific basis and their high cost
might become a barrier to new hobbyists if they thought they had to get the
stuff to grow plants.

Now it appears that a consensus has formed that none of them seem to offer a
signiificant advantage over soil and gravel, or just gravel alone.  They all
need water column dosing anyway, sooner or later.

Bill