Re: [APD] Calcium Carbonate question

Stuart Halliday wrote:
> My tank was even more opaque than this.
>
> 48 hours later it's looking like a disaster zone.
>
> All the surfaces of the plants, gravel, etc. are covered with a thin powder
> of white.

Not to state the obvious, but that means it isn't dissolving for some
reason. The cloud you saw in the picture was the result of adding the
equivalent of 1/4 teaspoon to 23 liters. I suspect that there is no
carbonic acid to react with the CaCO3. It should only take a couple
hours at most to consume it all. How high is your KH, or more
importantly, your CO2?

--
Jerry Baker