From: Aqua Botanic <aquabotanic at qwest_net>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 6:38:46 PM
Subject: Re: [APD] sword root tabs

<<I haven't used root tabs in years although I hear they are still sold.
Just throw ferts in the water.<<

LOL, Scott, you really crack me up sometimes.

Seachems Flourish Tabs work well to provide minerals, and has a large amount
of calcium which is good if that is missing from your tank.  NPK, nitrogen,
phosphate, and potassium can be provided with a slow release garden
fertilizer like Jobes Plant sticks, or Aquarium Products Plantabbs.. . .
There are many people who use substrate fertilization as part of a low tech
approach. If you have been doing that and feel comfortable with it, I would
not change.

Robert Hudson
www.aquabotanic.com