From: Mariano F. Bonfante <mariano_bonfante at hotmail_com>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 5:02:44 PM
Subject: [APD] Rv: DIY reflector

I have made my own reflector with stainless steel.

http://espanol.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mfbonfante/album?.dir=31fdre2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//espanol.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

They are used in an open frame, with an HQI pendant. What I notice is that
plants reacts to the PLL in differnt way that HQI. The internode distance is
much smaller.

The final photos shows the all lights on condition, and HQI alone condition.

With a luxometer, I have messaure the following gains:

20Cmts
No reflector vs. reflector: 97%
glass mirror vs. reflector: 93%.

40 cmts
No reflector vs. reflector: 79%
glass mirror vs. reflector:  69%

So a plain mirror limited advantages from no reflector, comparing with a
reflector.

Regards,

Mariano