Re: [APD] Truth in Advertising

Stuart Halliday wrote:
> In the UK we have the Advertising Standard Board. If you complain to them, they review it
> and tell the owners of the advert (not the magazine) to stop.

Unfortunately in the United States, corporations have the same rights as
individuals (literally), and so they are not prohibited from lying in
advertisements. The FTC has the power to regulate false advertising, but
it almost never does. Since the FTC has the sole power to enforce the
FTC Act, if it chooses not to enforce it then it has effectively been
repealed.

--
Jerry Baker