Re: [APD] KH2PO4 and pH/kH

One degree of KH is about 18 ppm  of carbonates.  So, crudely
speaking, if you have 2 ppm of phosphate you are adding less than 10%
more buffering, but the phosphate will be used up by the plants
pretty quickly.  So, in my opinion, unless you are looking at around
ten times overdosing of phosphate, the amount you add will not have a
big effect on buffering.  I know this isn't an accurate way to look
at it, but it does give the right order of magnitude.

Vaughn H.