Re: [APD] Newbie Question

The only test kits I know of for CO2 are the pH and KH tests.
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals has a pretty good KH test kit, but I don't
know of a good pH test kit.  However, there really isn't any amateur
test that accurately measures the amount of CO2 in water, for the
real world tap water, modified with fertilizers, etc. that we use.
At best we can get a rough estimate of how much CO2 we have in the
water.  From there we can adjust the amount of CO2 we inject until
the plants, algae and fish all tell us we have the right amount.

Vaughn H.