Re: [APD] Newbie Question

You want a pH kit and a KH kit. Both are easy to find online if not locally.
I use Seachem kits but there are various other possibilities, perhaps
cheaper.

Then check out one of the many CO2 charts, such as this one:
http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_co2chart.htm

There is some controversy over how accurate this method is, but I don't know
enough about it to comment really. I'm sure someone will.

If you measure before and after the addition of CO2, you could also get by
roughly with just a pH kit.