Message: 8
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 18:46:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: "S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com>
Subject: Re: [APD] Aquatic-Plants Digest, Vol 35, Issue 6
To: aquatic plants digest <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

(From Scott Hieber)Did you try running at a lower pressure? Sometimes that
can help ease the adjustability of the metering valve. Of course, if the
pressure is too low, then the metering valve will need to be very open and
the regulator will be controlling the gas flow, but above that regulator
setting, you might find a pressure that works better.

Sh

Scott,
I actually had to raise the pressure in order to gain any functionality at
all. I prefer running at 10-15 psi, in order to have even a modicum of
control while using the Milwaukee needle valve I had to raise the pressure
to 25 psi, otherwise it would tend to full open or full closed (no bubbles
as opposed to LOTS of bubbles). For me, in the tank it is working on, it is
not problem since I use a "set it and forget it" approach, the tank is a 125
planted discus and the CO2 is kept at ca. 20 ppm. I really only mentioned
the poor quality of the needle valve since I believe Steve will want to
experiment with different CO2 levels, for me this isn't a problem, I am long
past wanting to see rampant plant growth or bubbles in the water column (I
am one of those bubble haters <grin). So my long winded way of saying "I
agree with you 100%"

Larry