Re: [APD] what i wish i knew (or had remembered!)

Good morning, Rich!

  GREAT advice, I hadn't considered that!  Not only do I have a cat, who is fully armed and not afraid to scratch at new things, but my "better half" adopted a beagle puppy who is teething.... OH NO!

  I hadn't even considered the problems my other pets might pose to the tubing.  I will give this matter careful thought, and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for bringing that up before I had a broken/chewed-up tube.  I will definitely be getting the CO2 resistant heavy-duty tubing now...  maybe even enough for some backup tubing just in case  :-)

  Cheers & Gig'Em,
  Steve

RMGTBTS at aol_com wrote:
  steve

Use a check valve on the CO2 line.

Find a place that will refill CO2 tanks other than your LFS. I paid $25 for
a swap out at the LFS, $17.50 at a welding shop, and now i get them filled at
a company that's primary business is selling fire extinguishers.They charge
me $7.00 to refill my tank and it never takes them more than 5 minutes to do
it! Which includes checking out the score of the Red Sox game.

If you have a cat in the house use the heavy tubing sold for CO2.
Just because it shows bubbles in the bubble counter doesn't mean the gas is
getting into the tank.

rich green
milton ma