Re: [APD] CO2 systems

Good Morning, Rex!

  I have done some reading on silicone vs CO2 resistant tubing and I thought the general hobbyist consensus (if there is such a thing) was that  the whole co2-loss-in-silicone-tubing was overhyped.  I recognize your name from your website (very helpful and I had a few chuckles while reading over it!) and from APC forum...  care to elaborate on why silicone tubing is bad, or refer me to a good discussion/post/article about it?  Thanks for the advice, I'll try to find some good CO2 resistant tubing, what material should I look to buy?

  Cheers & Gig'Em,
  Steve

Rex Grigg <rex at rexgrigg_com> wrote:
  Only a couple of things I will add to what Bob said.

Silicone tubing is actually a very poor choice for a CO2 system as it
can lose up to 6% of the CO2 per foot.

Also get a good check valve. The cheap plastic ones just don't cut it
with CO2 systems.

--
Raised in Heaven
Trained in Hell