Re: [APD] Typing style & other such things!!!

On: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 05:36:49 -0700 (PDT)
"S. Hieber" shieber at yahoo_com wrote:
Re: [APD] Typing style & other such things!!!

>> -- Western Uinon sused to use the fill word "stop" a full 4 cahracters
>> but they didn't charge for it.

As a child, I remember my father telling me the perhaps apocryphal story of
the business magnate who was interested in aquiring a smaller company.  When
his agent reported the asking price, the magnate wanted to respond, "No.
Price too high."  But, telegrams were in all capital letters, without
punctuation, so the agent received, "NO PRICE TOO HIGH"  and promptly
accepted the offer.  The businessman should have, of course, sent, "NO STOP
PRICE TOO HIGH".

My wife's father was away on a trip on her tenth birthday, so he sent her a
telegram. The standard telegram was only ten words long, so it behooved you
to write concisely if at all possible.  So, he wrote "ONE TWO THREE FOUR
FIVE SIX SEVEN EIGHT NINE TEN".

Please excuse the digression from plants.  It's summertime.

John T. Fitch
www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html