Re: [APD] Used Acrylic Tank Repair

One of the major advantages of acrylic tanks is the ease of glueing
them together with nice neat seams.  All it really takes is the right
solvent and you can make a perfect welded joint.  So, using silicone
instead of acrylic cement seems like giving up on a major plus for
that type tank.  A welded acrylic joint is almost the same as making
the joined pieces become one piece, with the full strength of the
material.  Silicone doesn't do that.  And, given the light weight,
which allows you to move the tank around, turn it upside down, etc,
and the ease of using the acrylic cement, this should be a slam dunk
decision.

Vaughn H.