[APD] Plant Identification

A bit of history...

My parents in the Lansing, Michigan area dug a nearly 1 acre pond in
1999.  It's been fascinating to see what plants have naturally
"appeared" and taken hold.  For the past 3 years, Ludwigia Repens has
been fairly prolific in certain areas of the pond, both emergent and
submergent growth.  Some Echinodorus-like plants have also started
growing, but mostly emergent.  This is the first year I've seen a new
plant showing up.  In only one year it's almost as prolific as the
Ludwigia. It's also growing both both emergent and submerged.  So I
took some pictures hoping you guys could help with identification.
I've googled to the best of my ability to no avail...please lend some
insight if you can.

Here are the photos, please excuse my lack of ability :)  I couldn't
get an angle to show the submergent growth, but hopefully this is good
enough to show the plant.

http://www.virtualplastic.net/beaker/download/100_1227.jpg
http://www.virtualplastic.net/beaker/download/100_1228.jpg
http://www.virtualplastic.net/beaker/download/100_1229.jpg
http://www.virtualplastic.net/beaker/download/100_1230.jpg
http://www.virtualplastic.net/beaker/download/100_1231.jpg
http://www.virtualplastic.net/beaker/download/100_1232.jpg

My question is, of course, will the plants do well in the aquarium?
Are they harmful in any way to either the pond or the aquarium, etc.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott aka beaker