Re: [APD] How not to get rid of Chlorine (was : My goldfish are dying)

On 6/2/06, Stuart Halliday <stuart at stuarthalliday_com> wrote:

> BTW Mark are you assuming the person has Chlorine in their tap water and
> not
> Chloramine?
>
> If it's Chloramine, this method won't work.
>
> --
> Stuart Halliday

She claimed chloramine was not used by her water company. Of course
chloramine won't evaporate like chlorine. Anyway, it was just a suggestion
based on her particular case and needs - she asked if she needed an RO
filter and I said no and neither does she need to treat her water with
conditioner. Judging by the number of emails I've gotten about it however, I
see that this is not a popular piece of advice.

Mark R.