Re: [APD] help -- my goldfish are dying

In a planted tank the ammonia doesn't stay there very long, since the
plants use it up pretty quickly.  So, when  you get a zero reading it
just means that there is none at that particular time, but that doesn't
mean there wasn't quite a bit some other time.  This still might not be
the problem, but there must be a real reason why we take such care to
treat our water with Prime every time we change water.

Vaughn H.