Re: [APD] Hydroponics

After doing some research, I found that in the USA, at least, the law says
that the "organic" label requires that at least 95 percent of the nutrients
used to grow the product must be from natural sources, such as manure and
rotting compost.   KN03, etc., are not "natural" and would seem to
disqualify the product from being sold as "organic", as would crops grown
hydroponically.

"Organic" produce sells at a higher price because yields are smaller than
those of foods grown with chemical aids.  I could never see any sense in
paying that higher price, since "organic" and "regular" foods are chemically
identical, but if it makes people feel good, then . . .   .

Bill