Re: [APD] Algae - Causes and Solutions

I imagine you could put 'NH3' in the cause column for every algae
type, except maybe BGA which I'm not sure about. Never had it.

Also, are you sure you want to say that low NO3 is a "cause" of BGA?
Or "low CO2" is a "cause" of BBA? It's more like the remedy for those
types is to add NO3 and CO2 respectively, but that doesn't mean their
lack is a "cause" of algae.

In fact, I don't see the usefulness of the "Cause" column at all -
one, it's kind of redundant as it just repeats the inverse of the
"Remedy" column, and two I doubt those "Causes" are the full story -
it's often a mistake to rely on mono-causal explanations for why
things happen, especially for something as complex as environmental
interactions. The "Remedy" column is far more useful and testable for
the home aquarist.

Nice summary though.

Regards,
MR