Re: [APD] lighting on the cheap

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:29:49 -0400
From: "Terry Barber" <terbarb at alltel_net>
Subject: Re: [APD] lighting on the cheap
To: "aquatic plants digest" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>

Try Ebay for cheap lighting fixates... I have two of the Jebo fixtures and
have had no problems with them.  Here is a link...130 watts for $75

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-130-WATTS-24-JEBO-POWER-HIGH-COMPACT-4-FREE-BULBS_W0
QQitemZ7759879583QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

TerryB

While this certainly is a good price, the fixture is only 20" and I wouldn't
think it has enough "light spread" for so large a tank. Having said that,
though, I am unfamiliar with a 140 gallon's dimensions so I'm not sure what
would or would not be appropriate lighting. I'm guessing it's something like
72 x 18 x 28 or so. If this is the case you may want to check out this site
Eli http://www.aquatraders.com . They have very reasonable prices and the
quality of their fixtures is surprisingly high, and there is no DIY involved
they're good to go out of the box. Having said that, there is a caveat
though, their Customer Service is... virtually non-existent. If you click on
the "Contacts" link you'll find... nothing. If you search hard enough you
will find an e-mail address, but having personally sent them 3 e-mails with
zero replies, it is probably a lost cause trying to contact them.
This is of course directly opposite of AHSupply's customer service which is
excellent. But since you want inexpensive you may want to at least look
there.

Larry