Re: [APD] lighting on the cheap

>Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:29:49 -0400
>From: "Terry Barber" <terbarb at alltel_net>
>Subject: Re: [APD] lighting on the cheap
>To: "aquatic plants digest" <aquatic-plants at actwin_com>
>
>Try Ebay for cheap lighting fixates... I have two of the Jebo fixtures and
>have had no problems with them.  Here is a link...130 watts for $75
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/New-130-WATTS-24-JEBO-POWER-HIGH-COMPACT-4-FREE-BULBS_W0QQitemZ7759879583QQcategoryZ46314QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
>
>TerryB

That IS a swinging price, Terry, but it drops a lot when you figure that
you have 4 lamps to get rid of, unless you are into reef tanks. The
highest Kelvin lamps that I find useful for FW planted tanks is about
6500K. Some 10Ks with an extra high CRI are usable visually, but waste a
bit of energy that could be going to photosynthesis if more output was
at a bit longer wavelengths.

Perhaps they would be willing to substitute some 6500 and 5000K lamps
for the 4 they list? Then it would really be a sweet deal (at least for
those of us not in the Peoples Republic of CA.)

Wright

--
Wright Huntley - Rt. 001 Box K36, Bishop CA 93514 - whuntley at verizon_net  760 937-2276 (cell) 760 874-2000 (CA) or 941 866-0500 (FL).

Congress shall make no law abridging freedom of speech unless speech annoys politicians. --McCain-Feingold

Now, go read the real First Amendment,

http://www.self-gov.org/wspq.html