[APD] Refrigerating Flourish Iron

You'd think I would know the answer to this, but I wanted to double-check:

Finally decided to cut costs (and trips) by purchasing Flourish Iron in the
large "Professional Size" jugs, refrigerating the jugs while refilling the
small bottles from same. However, the solution has changed from its normal
honey gold to almost black and is considerably less transparent. Flakes have
also formed on the bottom, and I'm assuming that some gluconate may
crystallize out as the cold causes the solution to come to a near
super-saturated state.

I do shake the jug well before refilling a bottle, but the smallish bottle
is normally used up before I can tell if the FI returns to "normal".

Other than perhaps affecting its immediate solubility, can anyone think of
any detrimental effects while keeping the jug "on ice"? The plants certainly
don't seem to display a preference, nor do the tanks' clarity suffer from a
darker solution considering the dosing level...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
jaafaman at comcast_net