From: Reinout van Wagtendonk <rvwjr58 at yahoo_com>
To: aquatic-plants at actwin_com
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 4:45:39 PM
Subject: [APD] CO2 regulator problem

I am new to injecting CO2 from a tank through a regulator.  I bought an Azoo Co. brand regulator with solenoid through mail order.  The regulator does not reliably hold the outgoing pressure.  I have to manually fiddle with the needle valve, not only after the solenoid opens up again in the morning before the lights go on, but also later in the day to keep the bubble count I set.  The first pressure meter shows a steady 800 psi coming from the gastank.  The second meter started out at 60 but in a couple of days or so fell to just above 20 psi.  The mail order company was very good about exchanging the first regulator, agreeing that there might be a defect.  But the replacement regulator has the exact same problem, except worse.  Is it possible that I do something wrong, for the outgoing pressure to fall the way it does?  Or could this particular brand regulator be flimsy?  If there aren't obvious beginners mistakes to correct in connecting a regulator to a gastank, any
 suggestions
for a reliable one?