Re: [APD] Flourish iron & KH drop

This seems to have prompted responses concerning the value of pH
controllers in CO2 systems!!

Regardless of that, it would seem to be undesirable to have a rapidly
reducing KH (from 9deg --> ~2deg in just under 2 weeks).

Do those of you who use Flourish Iron compensate for this by some other
means?

Regards, Kevin

>I just started using Flourish iron &, after a while, I noticed that my
plants had stopped pearling.

>I have injected CO2 & 330W of CF lighting in a 50g.
>
>I then noticed that, as I added a capful of Flourish iron, my pH dropped
a little.

>I tested my KH & found that, over a period of several days, my KH had
dropped from 160ppm to 50ppm.

>The reason the pearling had stopped was that my CO2 controller (set to pH
= 7.3) was no longer injecting CO2!!