Thomas Barr <tcbiii at yahoo_com> wrote:

;Liquid fert solutions make things messier, takes up more space,
;harder to ship, more weight/cost to ship, preciptation/fungal
;issues(these can be avoided buy adding HCL etc, but then it's
;now just one more thing to do and measure out etc...)
;
;It's simpler overall to use dry ferts for macros.
;
;Traces tend to use liquids since the cost is higher and you
;often do not want to waste it, commerical brands tend to be
;liquids already, there are few dry mix brands and most of these
;for various reasons, tend to be not as good, IMO, than the TMG,
;Flourish, Sera brands etc.

I recently made the jump to dry dosing traces (CSM+B) in my tanks. I have
hard water and have been having a difficult time getting enough traces due
to precipitation and lack of stability of the premix solution. I chose to
dose dry as it was simpler than making an ever more complicated mix to
achieve stability. In the couple of weeks since I have switched, I have
seen a big improvement in the health of my plants plus I am now able to
dose at higher levels without getting hazy water.

set of spoons giving 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, and 1/64 tsp was $3 at Linens and
Things.

I am still dosing macros as a liquid premix, so I guess I am backwards !

-jd