Re: [APD] relative plant growing efficiency

Liz:

If you believe that lumens are a reasonable measure of light output in the context of planted tanks, I have a chart of manufacture spec values posted here:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/lighting/21052-comparison-lighting-types-lumens-watts.html

While this might be a good approximation for a series of linear lamps from a given manufacturer (ie same material and color temp) how it relates to halides is just a guess.

In the context of planted aquariums, it is also important to consider the reflector as there can be a big difference between the light ABOVE a tank and the light IN the tank.

-Paul