[APD] relative plant growing efficiency

 I was asked a question that I have no idea how to answer but I bet a
gazillion of you can answer.  I was asked about the relative plant growing
efficiency of power compact fluorescents (i.e. the ones in something like a
Coralife fixture) vs HPS -- in other words if you had 250 watts of each type
which would:1) waste the most energy as heat and 2) grow plants the fastest.

After getting past the discussion about why any sane person would want to
grow plants as fast as possible, and the pitfalls of nutrients, CO2, etc., I
was left with this as a theoretical question.  And I have no clue what the
answer is.

Frankly, I'm now curious enough that I'd like to know what the
"equivalencies" are.  Stated differently, I'd like to know this:  I have 100
watts of power compact fluorescents.  For the purpose of growing plants how
many of watts of HPS, metal halides, LEDs and normal T-12 bulbs does it take
to match that."

Any takers?  Any guessers?

--
Liz