Re: [APD] PMDD

Thomas Barr wrote:
> Wasn't the first time and will not be the last time.

I'm sure it won't be the last time we see this statement.

> Scott, Adding PO4 to a lake with plants(30% or more SAV) will
> NOT produce algae, it will produce more plants. Same for rivers
> with plants. If there are no plants for whatever reason,
> something else will grow there: algae.
> Same for NO3 or other nutrients(NH4 maybe not).

I'm curious why plants do so well with additional nutrients in lakes
with lighting levels multiple times higher than we have in our brightest
tanks. It seems that the conventional wisdom has been teaching us that
plants are mainly CO2-limited, and that low levels of CO2 will assist
algae outbreaks, but these findings seem to indicate otherwise.

--
Jerry Baker