Re: [APD] New to keeping plants.

Frank I. Reiter wrote:
> Liz Wilhite wrote:
>> Both the archives and the krib are good sources of info.  I'd suggest that
>> you ask questions earlier rather than later in addition to reading about
>> general principles.  There are a number of places that give info that is
>> just plain wrong or outdated
> I'm just returning to aquatic gardening after a few years away from it,
> and trying to figure out what has changed in the state of the art.  I
> see that laterite is now available quite cheaply.  Are folks still using
> PMDD?  I found one site selling bags of flourite for a bottom layer of
> the substrate.  Is that commonly used these days?  Heating cables still
> in favour?

The only things that seem to have near-zero controversy (in my
estimation) are:

1) CO2
2) NO3
3) Tropica MasterGro, Flourish, or PMDD

The rest still gets argued about a lot.

I don't think too many people are concerned with substrate other than
for appearance (within reason). I know of almost no one still using
heating cables.

--
Jerry Baker