Re: [APD] New to keeping plants.

The best way to learn the answer to your questions is to go to the www.
address below and search through the archives for one aspect of the
questions at a time, until you get a good handle on what you need to
know, then ask specific questions here on the list.  I spent about a
year doing just that before I felt I knew enough to even ask questions.
  There is just so much to learn and so many opinions to sort through.

Vaughn H.