Re: [APD] loam tanks

This article was very influential for me when I set up my last tank a
few years ago.  I just dug a hole in the back yard, away from any place
where I knew fertilizers and insecticides had been used, then used the
soil from a foot deep on down.  I used blasting grit on top of that.
Oh, and I mixed in vermiculite with the backyard subsoil.  Real high
tech!  But, a royal pain to use in the aquarium.  I doubt that many
people would suggest going in that direction now.

Vaughn H.