Re: [APD] Quoting

> Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 20:35:03 -0700
> From: Scott Scheibe
>
>    Would you all quit quoting whole messages so much and over and over and
> over..  For those of us who subscribe to the digest it sucks, keep seeing
> few line replies to the same messages and see those over and over!  I
> can't
> hardly find the new messages among all the quoted material.

None of those massive quotes come from the digest readers, that's for sure.
If they had to sift through all of that crap with every receipt their
flurry of "one liners" that actually turn out to be "multi-meggers...
meggers...
meggers...".

Oh, and just to be sure the relevant part gets quoted the most:

None of those massive quotes come from the digest readers, that's for sure.
If they had to sift through all of that crap with every receipt their
flurry of "one liners" that actually turn out to be "multi-meggers...
meggers...
meggers...".

But Scott's right, folks. The most readily- apparent change I've found since
my return is the near- total futility of trying to glean new information
from the digest mode (which apparently comes several times a day now rather
than just twice).

Unfortunately, a complaint about the situation will only be viewed as a
whine, and you might get an offer of cheese to accompany it. Maybe.

The only reason I've not dropped the subscription in favor of the Web site
at Actwin is that I've not yet tested the ability of a non- subscriber to
post a thread response...

-Y-

David A. Youngker
jaafaman at comcast_net