Re: [APD] CO2 estimative index

Thomas Barr wrote:
> With less light, you do not depend so greatly on CO2, nutrients,
> pruning and dosing.

You don't have to depend on your plants growing at all after a certain
point.

> With high light, you need to add even more CO2/NO3/PO4 etc.
>
> When dealing with CO2, folks really do not understand that light
> drives the system faster. They go buy high light systems.
>
> You want safer tanks? Then to use the car analogy: drive slower
> and use less light.

Or get in a wreck because you're the only person going 50 mph on a 75
mph highway.

> If you reduce the light down fairly low, you no longer need any
> CO2 at all, now is not that even safer for fish?
>
> Ah! But many folks want to fast growing tank.

I don't think any sane person would chose fast-growing for the sake of
having to trim plants and add nutrients all the time. I think the point
is to supply enough light that the plants grow quickly enough to
out-compete the algae. Some plants require more light than others ...
that's just a fact. That's why the terrestrial world has shade plants
and full-sun plants.

> I like the mist since it adds more CO2 for the plants with
> dissolving so much as too harm the fish.

I still snicker at the idea of adding CO2 to water without dissolving
it, but we won't go there.

--
Jerry Baker