Re: [APD] CO2 measurement

>Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 17:49:04 -0600
>From: Barry Anderberg apd at swoobs_org
>
>snip
>
>My city water report says KH is due only to bicarbonate, and that the KH
>is 18.  AP test kit confirms this value.
>snip

Are you, by any chance, confusing KH in mg/L (i.e. ppm) with KH in degrees?
I ask because my water department reports KH in mg/L.

If your reading of 18 is actually in mg/L or ppm, then the KH in degrees is
only about 1.  The formula and table use KH in degrees.  If that is the
case, at a pH of 6.8, your CO2 would be only 2.4 ppm.

John T. Fitch
www.fitchfamily.com/aquarium.html