Re: [APD] growing Tonia

There is a nice young chap in Melbourne who can grow beautiful Tonina and
plenty of it.   I have been asking him lots of questions and I don¹t think
he has heard of those commercial potting soils mentioned previously.   He
says as long as the pH is below neutral and there is some well weathered cow
shit and peat (not too much, I don't know how much is not too much) in the
soil it will be OK.   He uses CO2 for pH control.

Is it possible that Tonina could be one of those plants like Eriocaulon
setaceum that takes some or all of its carbon from the substrate.

Cheers
Dave