Re: [APD] growing Tonia

>Well, I have grown Tonia at higher rates than these other folks using
flourite alone. So........I really do not keep secrets...and folks
have heard what I do, the plants grow well.

This is the problem Tom.  You seem to be the ONLY one to be able to
grow it "well" without using Aquasoil/Florabase.  Yes, I know your
secrets: good light, CO2 mist, and adequate nutrients.  But for the
rest of us, and I do mean that literally, the result has yet to be
duplicated.

But surely you have been at this for much longer than I have and you
frequent more forums in more countries than I ever hope to.  Would you
point me to an instance in which someone, beside yourself, who noted
that s/he was able to grow these species without the aid of Aquasoil
or Florabase?

>They do grow a little better in ADA soil, but so what? It's only a
few plant species that seem to do better, much more an exception.

No Tom.  Not "a little".  A LOT.  The difference is like night and
day.  Maybe I am just an awful gardener but it becomes suspicious when
I have yet to come across anyone else who can make the same claim as
you do.  If anyone reading this who is successful at growing this
species well without using Aquasoil/Florabase, then please speak up.

- cS -