Re: [APD] Lowering KH, Which Is Better: RO Unit or Strong Acid?

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:16:29 -0000, Paris H. Hilton <djarthur at gmail_com> wrote:

> Furthermore, the goal is to reduce KH for "soft water plants" (which
> some are contending to require low KH) instead of for fish
> spawning/health or to reduce dissolved solids.  Since we're on it, are
> plants affected by the level of dissolved solids?

They like it hard. Even the soft-water ones.
Hardness = nutrients.
The softwater plants are just the ones that do best without them. They still prefer harder water (though possibly not 'liquid rock').
See Walstad.

--
Andrew McLeod
thefish at theabyssalplain_freeserve.co.uk

This email was scanned carefully before transmission to remove any content, information or relevance.