Re: [APD] Storing large amounts of RO water & reconditioning RO water

Hi Scott,

  In environmental studies, we use TDS as "total dissolved solids" and it encompasses everything from suspended micro-sediments (silt/clay) all the way to dissolved cations and anions.

  Is there a difference between a TDS meter and a conductivity meter, or are you using the terms interchangeably here?

  Cheers & Gig'Em,
  Steve

"S. Hieber" <shieber at yahoo_com> wrote:
  TDS meters actually test conductivity and display a reading that is a mathematical correlative of microsiemens. You can get a conductivity meter and use your own conversion formula -- no one formula for converting conductivity to salts or metals of dissolved solids exists; diff ones are conrrect for diff situations. Basically, TDS meters are always wrong but close enough for the task at hand if you aren't too picky. ;-)

sh

The Northeast Council of Aquarium Societies (NEC) celebrates its 50th year of service at its 31st annual convention, April 7-9, 2006 -- including *An Evening with Aquarium Legends*.

Read the speaker list, then download the registration form, and get set to join the fun at what promises to be the year's biggest tropical fish convention.

http://northeastcouncil.org/html/

And while you're there, attend the AGA's annual meeting Friday afternoon (2-4pm). This year's speaker is Claus Christensen, Tropica's Managing Director.