Re: [APD] driftwood

Search through the old AB archives, from maybe 1-2 years ago.  There was
a post by someone who 'scaped an aquarium using ceder collected while
fishing.  I believe he had been using found ceder for some time;
although, any negative reactions to adding a species of wood to an
aquarium would probably be apparent with in a few days providing one did
regular water changes(ie there is a possibility of toxin buildup in
tanks that go long periods with out water changes and only top offs)

Personally, the notion that something is bad simply because it smells
bad is absurd.  I am very allergic to the air born dust of various
rosewood species but I guarantee somewhere in SA there are fish shimming
right next to submerged logs of the same stuff;)

Happy hunting,
Dennis