Re: [APD] Co2 poisoning? chlorine maybe? help!

I believe Andrew McLeod wrote this email section below:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:23:52 -0000, Joel Fizette
> <sentientpuppet at gmail_com> wrote:
>
>> Yes I do add an anti-chloramine the same one I stated in my origional
>> post. I've been using it for over a year without any problems.
>
> Although it may not be the source of your problems (or indeed a problem
> at all), I can't find evidence on Google that Wardley's Chlor-Out deals
> with the ammonia produced from the splitting of the chlorine-ammonia bond
> in chloramine properly.

Their web site on this product just says:

Wardley® Essentials™ Chlor Out™ safely and effectively neutralizes chlorine
and chloramines in tap water. Municipal water companies add chlorine or
chloramines to the water supply to kill harmful bacteria.

This can be hazardous or even fatal to ornamental aquarium fish. Wardley®
Essentials™ Chlor Out™ will instantly condition tap water when changing or
adding water to the aquarium and when transporting or transferring fish.

Wardley® Essentials™ Chlor Out™ has little impact on biological filtration.

I thought American companies had to list ingredients?

The owner of this product can phone them and ask them to be sure?

1-800-275-1414

> Many manufacturers claim to deal with chloramine,
> but actually only split the molecule up and deal with the chlorine part,
> and do not deal with the ammonia part.

Shocking.

> In many cases where a region has
> suddenly switched to using chloramine at a high level, people have
> reported sudden fish deaths after water changes when using the cheaper
> dechlorinators.

Happened in Edinburgh, Scotland last year.

Many dozens of families woke up to dead fish one week as the water supplier
switched to chloramine without tell anyone!

--
Stuart Halliday